Oncology Massage from £45
As someone who has received oncology treatment, you know first-hand how physically and mentally challenging it can be. That’s why it’s so important to take time for rest, relaxation, and self-care during and after treatment. I offer therapeutic massage at my massage studio in Lexden Colchester that can help you to achieve that.
Massage has been proven to relieve symptoms and side effects of cancer treatment, reduce muscle tension, anxiety, stress, depression, and more. It can also stimulate relaxation, improve circulation, and lift your overall mood. If you’re feeling overwhelmed and in need of some TLC, I encourage you to come to my studio and enjoy a relaxing massage on our heated massage couch. Take some time out to focus on nothing but your own relaxation and well-being.
How does Massage benefit a cancer patient?
There is a growing body of scientific evidence that suggests that oncology massage may have numerous health benefits for individuals with cancer. Some of the potential benefits of oncology massage include:
- Reducing muscle tension, anxiety, stress, and depression
- Improving sleep quality
- Enhancing overall quality of life, reducing overwhelming feelings
- Boosting the immune system
- Reducing fatigue and improving energy levels
- Improving circulation
- Promoting relaxation, feelings of well-being and focusing on nothing other than yourself for a period of time
It is important to note that every individual is different and may experience different benefits from oncology massage. It is always best to consult with your healthcare team before starting any new treatment or therapy.
Included with your massage
- Massage Couch: heated to optimal temperature on request, or room temperature if you wish
- Massage Medium: choose between sweet almond or nut free oil, lotion, wax or aromatherapy oils.
- Towels: clean and laundered daily
Relaxing Massage Benefits
- improves physical and emotional confidence
- reduces nausea
- restore a sense of balance and wellbeing
- provides a sense of calm
- reduces symptoms of pain and discomfort
- improves sleep
- helps people feel normal
- reduces pain
(i) For an oncology massage at your home please see our Mobile Massage services.
Should you have any concerns about possible side effects from receiving a massage during or following treatments, I would encourage you to read Macmillan’s article about this. We can reassure you that we take our clients health extremely seriously and our massage therapist has been trained by the Amethyst Trust and is fully qualified to provide you with a professional massage therapy safely, with confidence and taking into account your personal requirements.
For a relaxing massage at your home or for our massage services at your workplace please see our Mobile Massages and Corporate & Office Massage services.