Thank you for booking your massage appointment with us
- My studio is a purpose-built environment designed to help you relax and get the most out of your massage.
- Full size massage couch – Covered by large towel it is designed to make the experience as comfortable as possible.
- Vax Pure Air 300 Air Purifier – removes 99.97% of harmful particles as small as 0.3 microns ensuring optimum air quality.
- Aromatherapy Oils – I use only the finest aromatherapy oils in order to create a perfect aromatherapy moment to help uplift, relax and revive you.
Your first appointment
Generally, first appointments begin with an intake process, starting with a health history. Try to arrive a little earlier for your first visit to enable us to complete this process. Generally, a health history will ask about:
- Medical conditions
- Areas of concern
- Your level of pain or discomfort on good and bad days
- What helps reduce the pain and what makes it worse
- Contact information.
- As a professional massage therapist, I will never expose genitals or breasts, or any other areas you identify. Only the area the therapist is working on will be exposed.
- We will play music but be sure to tell your therapist if you would prefer a different type of music or if you would like quiet.
- Generally, you will lie on a massage couch, covered by a large towel. Make sure you are comfortable and let the therapist know if you are not. Tell the therapist if you are cold, want to be covered, don’t want an area of your body touched, don’t like the music, or are experiencing discomfort with the technique or how it is being applied.
- Be as open to the process as you can.
- Relax and try let your thoughts go. One way to do this is to focus on how the touch or technique feels.
- Remember to breathe, as this helps you relax. Sometimes people hold their breath when a sensitive area is massaged, but it is best to breathe through it.
- In the same way, tightening your muscles during the massage is counterproductive. If you cannot seem to relax your muscles, let your massage therapist know. They may need to adjust the massage technique.
In the days before your massage, drink plenty of water.
- Drinking water before a massage can help just as much, if not more, than drinking post-massage! This will help your kidneys release the toxins as they work their way out of your muscles during your appointment and move them out of your system in a healthy, productive manner.
Ensure that you have bathed and/or had a hot shower before your massage.
- At Wellness Massage Lexden we use high quality vitamin enriched oils, which are better absorbed by the skin just after you have had a hot bath or shower.
Do not eat or drink any alcohol just before your massage.
Give yourself enough time to arrive at the studio in time for your appointment.
- If you are rushing and arrive stressed, it will take longer to get into a relaxed state.
Social Distancing, Face mask & PPE
- In order to keep our clients and staff as safe as possible, we follow the latest industry guidelines regarding social distancing and the use of face masks & PPE.
- Clients will be asked to sanitise their hands using our contactless antibacterial hand gel upon arrival.
- Please ensure that you always ware an appropriate face mask during your visit to our studio.
Right to cancel or refuse treatment.
- Wellness massage Lexden reserves the right to cancel or refuse treatment to anyone that they believe is either intoxicated or under the influence of drugs, or is a potential risk or threat to themselves or to others.
- Clients who are not in possession of the appropriate PPE will be given a mask, Clients refusing to follow Covid procedures, including the waring of a mask or other PPE equipment will be refused treatment and could be asked to leave.
- A cancelation fee will be charged in all such cases.
Come dressed in comfortable loose fitting and warm clothing.
- Massaging causes the blood to circulate within the body and lowers your body temperature, so whilst you may be warm before you arrive, you may want to ensure you have enough clothing to keep you warm when you leave.
What should I wear on the massage couch?
- In most cases our clients will choose to undress for their massage, however we will never expose genitals or breasts, or any other areas you identify. Only the area the therapist is working on will be exposed.
- If however, if you would be more comfortable wearing underwear during your massage, then this is of course fine.
- We would suggest that you may want to leave your jewellery at home, as all jewellery will need to be removed during the massage.
My massage studio is located in Colchester, Lexden at the following address: 98 Straight Road, Colchester, Essex. CO3 9DH
- You can visit this map link https://what3words.com/offers.shut.stands to find the exact location
- There is plenty of free parking available at my premises.
- We require a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to cancel an appointment. Unfortunately, cancellations with less than 48 hours’ notice or “no-shows” will incur the charge for the full appointment. All charges will be made against the credit/debit card provided by the client at the time of booking. This is because we may not be able to fill your appointment slot and still need to cover our costs.
- We appreciate that sometimes, things happen, and you may arrive a little later or need to leave a bit earlier than planned. This is fine, but we cannot make up the missed time by overrunning or adding time to this or subsequent appointments.
If you have any questions about your upcoming massage, please do not hesitate to contact us by email on: Hello@WellnessMassage.uk
- In order to keep our clients and staff as safe as possible, we continue to follow industry guidelines in regard to social distancing and the use of face masks & PPE.
If you or any member of your household has been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 in the last 14 days, or if you or any member of your household is exhibiting any symptoms: including a recent onset of a new, continuous cough, a high temperature or the loss of, or change in, normal sense of smell and / or taste, please do NOT attend your appointment, but instead contact us by telephone on 01206 638 044 to discuss.
Looking forward to meeting you
We look forward to welcoming you, however if your plans do change and you need to move your appointment, please contact us as soon as possible in order to avoid any late cancellation fees.
Wellness Massage Lexden